Work and play in Waikato
The lush paddocks of Waikato are the heart of the nation’s dairy-farming industry. And the region is also home to the country’s most diverse range of horticulture production, meaning there is work here almost all year.
It features crops like asparagus, strawberries, kiwifruit and apples, plus the Waikato is the centre of the nashi pear and blueberry industries.
The Waikato currently does not operate a Regional Coordinator. To find work in the Waikato you should:
- check with your local backpackers and accommodation operations who may be able to help you
- check online by searching for growers and packhouses in the region
- visit job search websites such as Trademe jobs and seek.co.nz
- ask the community of seasonal workers – other people’s experiences can be really helpful!
- If you are a New Zealander, your local Work & Income offices may have a list of vacancies in the horticulture industry. Try visiting nz.indeed.com